Overhead Crane Operator
Full-Time | $19-23/hour
We are looking for a qualified, self-starting individual to join our production operations team as an Overhead Crane Operator. You will operate a remote overhead crane, hoisting Superior Precast Walls, ensuring they are safely and securely placed on trailers or flatbed trucks. You must be sure to observe workplace safety rules and guidelines. We prefer you have prior experience in a warehouse environment, and while experience operating an overhead crane is preferred, we are willing to train otherwise motivated applicants. You must be able to interpret written instructions, read basic blueprints and schematics, and stand, crouch, and lift objects throughout a normal shift.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
- Operates a remote overhead crane
- Observes all workplace safety rules and regulations
- Removes walls from the forms and safely and securely moves precast panels to
flatbed trailers or flatbed trucks
- Assist in correctly securing loads
- Maintains a clean job site: picks up all tools and equipment and secures job site each day to eliminate potential hazards.
- Inspect equipment and fill out service requests as necessary
- Ensure all safety policies are enforced, all training is up to date, and all equipment is guarded and well maintained.
- Keep all safety training and maintenance documented.
- Keep open communication with all Team Members regarding safety issues
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Ability to read and write in English
- Prior experience with overhead crane equipment (preferred)
- Physical ability to stand, crouch, and lift objects throughout your shift
- Strong communication skills
- Forklift experience or a forklift operator license (preferred)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.