Concrete Finishing Crew Foreman
Full-Time | $22-23/hour
The Concrete Fishing Crew Foreman is responsible for effective, efficient and on-going training through-out the concrete pouring/finishing process. Ensures stringent quality control by adhering to established procedures, while maintaining a safe and healthful work environment.
Essential Job Functions and Duties
Directs the work of members in the functioning of:
- Troweling, brooming, texture rolling and edging to apply finishes.
- Fastening of window and door frames with support frames, to the form carriage.
- Attaching furring strips and ledges as designated by the builder prints.
- Directs/coordinates/provides quality control for decorative imitation brick and fieldstone
templates to the concrete walls.
- Ensures all necessary hardware is inserted into the concrete walls.
- Ensure all safety policies are enforced, all training is up to date, and all equipment is guarded and well maintained.
- Keep all safety training and maintenance documented.
- Keep open communication with all Team Members regarding safety issues.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong understanding of precast concrete manufacturing and processes
- Minimum one-year supervisory experience is preferred
- Strong analytical and cognitive skills
- Able to write and speak clearly and accurately (bilingual English/Spanish preferred.)
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to tactfully deal with guests and Team Members
- Good knowledge of construction industry
- Willing to learn how to operate an overhead crane
- Willing to learn how to operate a switcher truck
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The position lifts heavy objects, walks and stands for long periods of time and performs strenuous physical labor. The employee lifts, pushes, pulls or carries objects; uses abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue; and effectively jumps, sprints or throws objects. The position requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multilimbed coordination. The position requires the ability to quickly move arms and legs. The employee must have excellent stamina.